I know you're all itching to see the pictures so without saying too much, I'll jump right into the star of the show - the 29. table.
The sweet end to it all was my second experiment of the day. A smooth Carrot Chocolate Pudding served with Cinnamon Cream. I usually make this with rice, like kheer, but decided to use a bunch of sweet winter carrots instead that were threatening to take over my refrigerator. The result was, to say the least, a great end to a creatively enjoyed meal. And the sprinkles brought an early christmas cheer to my gathering. Oh joy! [recipe coming soon]
Was this my most-loved menu yet? Someone did ask for an autograph, so perhaps it was. But only till the next one.
Want to try the next 29. menu? Sign up for one of my upcoming events!
If you just promise to eat...."
Check our upcoming events or contact us to book a private tasting today!
Come join me in my next culinary adventure. You will leave fascinated, full and with a range of new ideas you never thought you needed!
Conversations trailed to the smell of Spiced Lentil Quinoa served aside a fresh-off-the-pan garlic sautéed Prawns. Dal is a lovely way to cook this grain, and replace that everyday oh-so-boring rice. With a side of fish, it's a complete meal! Amidst all the laughter, I know they were waiting for seconds., and the look when I got it to them? Precious. I live for such moments.
We ended the meal with a layered Carrot Halwa Parfait. With mushy carrots slow cooked in milk and sandwiched between crunchy biscuits and coconut flakes, what's there not to love? Did I mention it was topped off with a dollop of maple whipped cream? This was one of my better dessert success stories, and I am dancing all over again for it.
And while you read, don't forget to make yourself that perfect Castello Moments grilled cheese to go along...
- Potato Gratin from Lemon-Sugar
- Savory Cheese Crackers from An Edible Mosaic
- Cheese Tasting & Pairing from Girli Chef
- Spinach & Cheese Bake from The Village Cook
- Cheese Inspiration & Recipes from Taste Food Blog
- Cauliflower-Au-Gratin from Foodie Fiasco
- Cheese Cookies from Funand Food Cafe
- Three Cheese Flatbread from Itsybitsy Foodies
- German Picnic Salad from Daring Gourmet
- Roasted Sausages & Summer Veg with Garden Fresh Pesto from My Humble Kitchen
- Wine & Cheese Pairing 101 from The Roasted Root
- Four Creative Crostinis from Shared Appetite
- Cheese Ice Cream and a Cheesfest from The Colors of Indian Cooking
- Cheesy Grits, Shrimp Tacos w/ Classic Castello and Tomato Crostini from 30a Eats
- Cheese Platter Perfection from Cooking with the Books
- Lemon Artichoke Pesto Pasta from Anecdotes And Apples
- Chive Chili Cheese Souffle from Camille
- Brocolli & Red Onion Quesadillas from Cooking Westchester
- Paignets from From Brazil to You
- Cheese Souffle from Home Made Delish
- Alpine Pizza from Fritos and Foie Gras
- The Gooey Affair from The B Critic
- Gougeres from Blogging Over Thyme
- Beer Cheese Pairing from Kitchenette Blog
- Braised Short Rib French Onion Soup from Sea Weed & Sassafras
- Cheese & Caramelized Onion Biscuits from Chef Karolina
- Wine Tasting, Toas-tite Grilled Cheese, Chicken Couscous and Truffle Mac&Cheese from Where and What in the World
- Roasted Garlic Beer & Cheese Dip from Lizzy Pancakes
Win a Private Cheese Tasting in your own home - enter by clicking on the banner below. Castello Moments and this post is a collaboration between the blogger and Arla Foods USA.
The menu for the night boasted simple Indian flavors with a balance of spice and sweet. With candles and candies, the table was dressed to impress.
Slowly the shy guests became dance converts and smiled to full stomachs, and even she gave in to some 29. culinary indulgence. The wine kept pouring, the food began to mysteriously disappear, but some people just couldn't stop twirling....
Some of the other features were reBar with a smooth tantalizing dish of cheesy polenta, truffle & salmon roe, Alice's Tea Cup with melt-in-the mouth mini red velvet cupcakes and pumpkin spice scones, Levain Bakery with a choice of gooey fudgy cookies, Ammirati Coffee & many many more. This was one night where I wish I could get a stomach for hire!
|The Delectable Dumpling Chaat|
|Atsuko-san (Chef Jehangir's lovely assistant) & Me|
|Some of the other delish food at the event|
|Chef Jehangir's Book- Mantra|
|One of the restaurants setting their table - gearing up for the crowd|
|All that hard work paid off - ended the night with a palatable plum sour & rum cocktail. Hello, purple!|
|The Team (from left) - Gee, Atsuko-san, Thomas, Chef Jehangir, Me & Christian.|